The scope of work encompassed refurbishing the restaurant interior with new materials, finishes and lighting, making judicious choices to create the maximum effect within budget.
The concept was inspired by the unique wine tastings the Hamilton Street Grill offers. The colour palette is rich in shades of chocolate and grape, and fresh with citrus and berry tones. New materials and colours merge with existing to create a more unified aesthetic. Newly refurbished elements advance, which in turn allows retained elements to recede.
Environmental qualities of materials and finishes selected:
- durable and easy-to maintain
- existing booths, banquettes and stools refurbished
- Crypton® finish on textiles provides superior stain, moisture and bacterial resistance
- booth and banquette seat fabric is 100% polyurethane, an environmental alternative vinyl
- booth back textile shown contains 92% post-industrial and 8% post-consumer recycled polyester
- broadloom carpet has Carpet and Rug Institute Green Label Plus Indoor Air Quality certification
- sealants and adhesives and paints and coatings low-emitting
- carpet yarn is Antron® Legacy nylon type 6,6 and certified by Scientific Certification Systems as an Environmentally Preferable Product
- single fibre textiles and nylon type 6,6 carpet yarn allows for future recyclability